Apple and Cinnamon Buckwheat Bircher Muesli
- 100g (3½ oz) buckwheat, soaked for 1 hour or until tender
- 1 large apple, chopped
- ½ cup apple juice, or enough so it will blend to a smooth consistency
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1- 2 tbs maple syrup, to taste
- TO GARNISH:
- 1 large apple, chopped into matchsticks
- coconut yoghurt
- toasted almonds or toasted buckwheat
- maple syrup
- When the buckwheat is soft enough you should be able to squish the grains between your fingers. Drain into a fine mesh sieve and rinse under a tap. Place the sieve over a bowl and leave any excess water to drain while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Place the chopped apple, apple juice, the cinnamon and 1 tbs of the maple syrup into a blender. Add the drained buckwheat and blend until smooth, adding more apple juice as needed to assist with the blending. Taste and add more maple syrup as needed.
- Divide the buckwheat bircher muesli between 2 bowls (it might stretch to 3 depending on how hungry people are) and top with your favourite garnishes.